This morning a colleague was complaining to me how difficult it is to find a good scone. I thought for a moment… Ah! For me it is easy. I find them at home! Matt, my wonderful husband, makes these tasty goodies and they are like no other scone you’ve ever had. Yum!
Matt’s Melt-In-Your-Mouth Currant Scones
- 1 1/3 C All-purpose flour
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 T Baking powder
- 6 T Chilled butter
- 1/3 C Currants
- 1/2 C Cream
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Cut butter into the dry ingredients.
4. Add currants.
5. Lightly beat cream and egg together and add to dry ingredients.
6. Form dough into a ball.
7. Roll and cut into desired shape (we cut them into triangles).
8. Lay on an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.