Hello everyone! So far there are 53 participants signed up for The Growing Challenge: From Seed To Seed. They are:
- Jules, The Garden of Plenty, Melbourne, Australia – zone 9-10 (Aust. 3)
- Jena, Married To The Farm, Caro, Michigan – zone 5
- Amanda, You Reap What You Sow, South Central Pennsylvania – zone 6-7
- Jen, Toward Arcadia, Michigan – zone 5-6
- Deb G, Bee Creative, Pacific Northwest – zone 7
- Greeen Sheeep, Wisconsin – zone 4
- Kory, Kicking And Screaming, Central New York – zone 5
- Abbie, Farmer’s Daughter, Connecticut – zone 6-7
- Margaret, Margaret’s Ramblings, Nottingham, England – zone 8
- SusanB, Southern New Jersey – zone 6b-7
- Karin, Fleecenik Farm, Central Maine – zone 4
- Kelsie, Hobbit’s Feat, Kentucky – zone 7
- Monica, Northern Ohio – zone 5-6
- Jen, Aaron-N-Jen: Living Life Simply, Iowa – zone 5
- Di, Path To Greendom, Southern California – zone 10
- TomB, My Simple Home Garden, Central Massachusetts – zone 5b
- Judy, My Freezer Is Full, East Central Iowa – zone 5a
- Julie, Towards Sustainability, Newcastle, NSW, Australia – zone 9-10 (Aust. 3)
- Dina, Hip Chick Chronicles, Portland, Oregon – zone 8-9
- Milkweed, Milkweed Diaries, Swannanoa Valley, North Carolina – zone 6-7
- Melanie J, Ember’s Lighthouse, Jacksonville, Florida – zone 9a
- Risa B, Stony Run Farm, Western Oregon – zone 8
- Maureen, Fotos By Meg, Central Valley, California – zone 9
- Amy Crump, Crump Family Blog, Chapel Hill, North Carolina – zone 8
- Rob, Rob’s World, Burien, Washington – zone 8
- The Rachface, This Evolutionary Life, Virginia – zone 8
- Janice, Going Off Da Grid Janice, California – zone 8-9
- Green Bean, Green Phone Booth, Bay Area, California – zone 9
- Daphne, Daphne’s Dandelions, Winchester, Massachusetts – zone 6
- Jimmy Cracked-Corn – zone 5
- Lisa, Domestic Accident, Southern Coastal Maine – zone 5-6
- Hannah, The Purloined Letter, Takoma Park, Maryland – zone 7
- Suzan, Scrub Oak, Rocky Mountain southern foothills (6,700 feet) – zone 4
- The Cheap Vegetable Gardener
- Onemotherslove, What’s He Up To Now?, North Central Texas – zone 8
- Red Icculus, Red-Icculus.com – zone 5
- Jocele, Knitting On Call, Idaho – zone 6-7
- Matt, Florida – zone 9
- Sara, Mama Craft, Canada – zone 3a
- Tyra, Tyra’s Garden & The Greenhouse In Tyra’s Garden, Vaxholm, Sweden – zone 6
- Inadvertentfarmer, The Inadvertent Farmer, Western Washington – zone 8
- Melody, Merrie Melody, Utah – zone 6
- Melinda, One Green Generation, Seattle, Washington – zone 8
- Michelle, Alpaca, Chook, Garden, Travel and…., Hobart, Tasmania, Australia – zone 9-10 (Aust. 3)
- Laurel, Nefaeria, North Bay, Ontario, Canada – zone 4a
- Mary, Freedom Gardens Journal: Mecar, Crete, Illinois – zone 5
- Susan, How Green In My Garden, Southern California – zone 8b
- Mary, Cat’s Fiber Adventures, Oregon – zone 8-9
- WIlla, Plants And Animals & Yumminess Ensues, S. Central Pennsylvania – zone 6A
- Jenn, Attempted Simple Life, Osgoode, Ontario, Canada – zone 5a
I’ve added everyone’s name, blog, location, and hardiness zone. Please check your info to make sure I have it right. Let’s all visit, support, and learn from one another!
Ask Any Gardening Questions!!
Tomorrow I’ll begin a series on How to Save Vegetable Seeds. So hopefully you’ll find some of the seed saving information you need there. But I wanted to open up discussion of any questions you all have about ANYTHING garden-related. Last time we did this it was quite interesting!
Please feel free to chime in whether or not you are officially taking part in the challenge. Those who are new to all of this may find good information here. And those seasoned gardeners may be able to help some of us new to the challenge.
And The Growing Challenge participants, please feel free to check in here as well.
Leave links to your gardening posts, too, if you like. Chat away!
- The Growing Challenge: Welcome, Ask Questions, Meet One Another!
- Seedsavers Unite! Come One, Come All!
- The Growing Challenge: Question – Why Are You Growing Food?
- The Growing Challenge: How Big Is Your Garden? What Do You Love Most About It?
- The Growing Challenge: What Are Your Favorite Seed Starting and Seed Saving Resources?