Last week several of us said that moving away from hot baths, long showers, and hot tubbing was one of the most difficult things to change on this path toward living a sustainable life. Most of the reasons were that it helps us relax, and it’s where we do a lot of thinking.
Now this is not about depriving yourself. It’s just about re-focusing your energies. Maybe there’s something else you can do that will give you the same satisfaction (or even better!). What else can you do that you love, but that doesn’t cost money or the environment? What do you do that is wonderfully guilt free?!
Here Are A Few Things That Help Me Relax And Think:
- Reading on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book.
- Going for walks in my neighborhood, where I get to see people around me, squirrels running up trees, new neighbors moving in or out, life! It also gets blood pumping through my brain and calories burning through my body.
- Meeting with a friend who understands me and can spark wonderful new thoughts and ideas.
- Doing something good within my community, that makes me tired but full of life.
- Getting a good night’s sleep. I know it sounds silly, but it makes a huge difference in how relaxed and thoughtful I am the next day!
Help Our Friends!
Please tell us all what you do, how you relax and find the space to think!
Because we’re all in this together, and that is much more powerful than trying to do it alone.