Oh yes, you’ve seen it. I love it. I love it. I love it!
I’ve been asked by several of you all to write a bit about the juicer and why I purchased this one….
Quick Juicer Review
After spending hours researching online, I ended up buying the Breville 800 JEXL Juice Fountain Elite. While it sounds like it’s from a sci-fi novel, it’s actually one of the least complicated juicers out there. It’s a little pricey, but here’s why I bought it:
- The motor. It’s a hefty motor, and really that’s the most important part of the juicer! When it gets a bit torqued, it should be just fine.
- The lack of bells and whistles. It’s the way I buy cars, appliances, and clothes – not too high maintenance, not too many bells and whistles – because it just adds to the number of things that can go wrong. Just durable, reliable parts.
- It’s going to last for years. Plastic parts just break faster. Time and time again we’ve proven this when we skimped on something. And then it goes to a landfill and it’s stuck there forever.
- It can be recycled. Most of the parts are recyclable.
- It had excellent reviews. On Amazon, in the book I’ve been talking so much about, and by our friends.
- We trust Breville. We have other appliances from Breville that have lasted a long time and continue to work extremely reliably.
- It looks good on the counter. It sounds kind of superficial, but we want to have juice every day. There is a barrier to doing that if we have to stow it away all the time.
- It’s dishwasher safe. Most juicers are dishwasher safe at this point, but these parts are much more durable than the crappy plastic one I had in college (the old one showed some dishwasher wear after a while). Plus even though my old one could go in the dishwasher, it never got clean – carrots and tomatoes stained it for good. This one sparkles.
- It’s sturdy and has high capacity. The feeder tube is big, centered, and holds a lot. That means it’s easy to cut things in just a few pieces and feed it right in there. And the cup holds a lot of liquid as well. All these little things can become barriers to regular use if your juicer doesn’t have them.
- Martha loves it. Actually I didn’t find out until after I bought it, but apparently it’s often featured on her show as a “must have.” Here’s a sample.
Do You Own A Juicer?
What kind? Do you like it?