Morning Blueberry Smoothie
This smoothie is what we have been drinking almost every morning for breakfast for the last 3 weeks. We plan to continue drinking it after we’ve completed our cleanse/detox.
Serves two - if you are only making it for 1, cut the recipe in 1/2.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (I use 1/2 organic blueberries, 1/2 wild blueberries)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 teaspoons raw agave syrup
- 3 heaping teaspoons raw cacao powder
- You can substitute fresh blueberries for frozen, and add 1/2 cup ice.
- You can substitute another non-refined sugar for raw agave syrup if you like.
- You can substitute carob or cocoa if you like, though cacao – which is raw cocoa – is more flavorful and has more enzymes.
- You can add 2-3 tablespoons ground flax for added fiber if you like.
Blend all ingredients together for 30-45 seconds – it should be smoothe but still have some texture.
That’s it! Please feel free to share your favorite smoothies in the comments!