We have had several tasty local meals this week, but I had to share this recipe. It can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert! YUM. Have I mentioned I love my husband? He has made this cobbler with peaches, berries, a mixture of fruits – and every time it has been divine. Enjoy…
- 6 c sliced fruit or berries
- 3 T flour
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 t salt
- 3 T (1.5 oz) butter
1. Stir together the flour, sugar, and salt.
2. Toss the mixture gently with the fruit, and pile it into a buttered baking dish.
3. Chop the butter into small pieces and sprinkle them over the fruit.
- 1.5 c flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 stick (4 oz) butter
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cut the butter into 1″ cubes.
4. Cut butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
5. Add the milk and egg to the flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
6. Drop the mixture over the fruit, tablespoon by tablespoon, leaving openings around each part of the batter.
7. Place in the oven with a sheet pan underneath the dish (to catch juices).
8. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until juices are bubbling and crust is golden.
1. This would probably be a great recipe in a solar cooker.
2. For vegan readers, we’ve made this recipe vegan by substituting the butter for margarine or oil, eliminating the egg, and using soy milk. You might have to tweak it a bit, but it is tasty!
3. To learn more about the tayberries we used, visit this post!