I hope your long weekend was absolutely fabulous. This year Matt and I did things a little differently, and we celebrated at home, bringing in the New Year together, deliberately and retrospectively. Oh sure, we did walk down to the rooftop deck and watched the fireworks over the Space Needle with a group of neighbors as the clock struck midnight. But then we came back home, and celebrated quietly and honestly.
And I must say I really do feel renewed and ready to move forward in 2010!
So whether you formally make a resolution, or you have resolved to do things a little differently in 2010, please share your new goals! Let’s all help one another to reach those new goals in the coming months.
1. I have struggled to keep our community strong through 2009, as I moved and reoriented my life to a new city and new career. But I love this community, and I believe we are creating a much-needed resource in the world: a community where people can learn how to change their lifestyles, and find support through those changes.
So my goal this year is to bring One Green Generation to a whole lot more people!!! OH YEAH!! And you can help me by spreading the word, becoming a Facebook fan, leaving comments, asking questions, and in general visiting regularly. Here’s what I will do:
- Write more about my daily lifestyle changes. It is clear from the comments and emails I receive that you all are looking for more about how to make those little but oh so important changes in your lives. So in addition to working together to change via some key Challenges, my goal is to write more about the daily struggles and solutions I come upon.
- I know I’ve been absent from the comments, and haven’t had the time to engage as much lately. My goal is to work those interactions into my daily schedule so that this becomes a more interactive site again.
2. I started my own business a little over a year ago, in the bottom of the worst recession in my lifetime. It has survived, and I love the work we are doing. But it has been a struggle financially. My goal is to make a good living doing what I love this year. What do I love? Telling stories that change the world.
3. My third goal is to do whatever it takes to accomplish #1 and #2 together. They are both meaningful, important aspects of my life, and there are some things I can do to make them work better together without my sacrificing my amazing life with my family and friends. So I will start to enact those this week.
THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AMAZING YEAR!! I’m looking forward to it. Are you??!
What Are Your Goals For 2010?
Please share your resolutions!!