During my morning breakfast, I sit and read each of your letters and comments. It’s one of my favorite parts of the day! Please feel free to email at any time. I receive a good deal of reader emails each week, and sometimes I have the time to answer them, while other times I don’t. But I will try my best to answer questions you have, and I will definitely appreciate any thoughts, links, and ideas you send my way.
In fact, I wanted to see if it would work to discuss some of your questions, links, and ideas here. Maybe you all have some answers to questions I just couldn’t answer. Or maybe these links and ideas will spark something in you. Please let me know if you like this, and I’ll do it again.
Links & Ideas
- A cheap and easy way to make a cold frame: “Making a cold frame / construire une petite serre”.
- A cell phone application that lists local and green businesses in your area: 3rdWhale Mobile. I haven’t tried it myself (I don’t have a web plan on my phone), but it looks promising.
- A seed library in upstate New York, offering seeds to purchase for the first time this year: Hudson Valley Seed Library.
- An inspiring article about how businesses can help rebuild the economy: “Entrepreneurs of Coopperation.”
- A new social networking site that matches gardeners with garden space (from Grist): Urban GardenShare.
Please help, if you can!
- By chance do you know of anyone who has planted a 5 in 1 fruit tree? It sounds good but is it really?
- My husband followed your recipe for the deodorant a couple of months ago and it works amazingly. No deodorant worked for him EVER, now basically there is no odor. He runs a lot and yet after he comes home from training it is just a sweat. tonight I’m going to try your “shampoo”. If you have any ideas for toothpaste please let me know.
- I would like to grow some Russian Kale, I was hopeful you could direct me to a seed source in Hobart Tas, I live in Moonah. [I had to look it up: it's in Australia in case you're wondering! - Melinda]
- I was disappointed to see nothing about the great Portland resources [on the Northwest Resources page]! …Could we start listing some please? I will try to make a list, but I know there are tons of others out there who have their own ideas! Thank you!
- I’m working on an assignment about sustainability and I would like some information if you can help. Why is sustainability so important? Many thanks. [Obviously a huge question, but maybe you have some links where he could learn more? - Melinda]
Also, if you have any questions, links, or ideas to share, please feel free to share them in the comments here!